The only global driver rankings system that you need to worry about is back for 2017, with a set of fresh faces ready and waiting to be judged by me. If you're new to Christine's Rankings, then the object is simple - drivers receive points for doing awesome things and have points taken away for being rubbish, and it's all judged totally fairly by me, making it the most in-depth and accurate rankings system this site has ever seen.
We had a stellar year in 2016, with Daniel Ricciardo becoming the first rankings champion to successfully defend his title - with a whopping winning margin to go with it. Now Christine's Rankings enters its seventh year to help provide some insight into the drivers with the best online presence, the most fun personality, and the most natural engagement with fans. There are twenty drivers ready and waiting, and everyone has a chance to get points starting from today. The driver with the most points at the end of the season will be in with a chance to join this fantastic group of Rankings champions.
|Year||Champion||Total points||Winning margin|
The regulations may have had a significant overhaul in Formula One, but Christine's Rankings remains as simple and easy to understand as ever. I pass judgement on social media antics, team videos, interview greatness and plenty of other things. I'll look at anything that passes in front of me, which means if you spot something that is pointsworthy, it is your duty to send it over (contact in the usual ways, or via the dedicated form).
The official 2017 Rankings rulebook goes something like this:
- All 20 drivers on the 2017 entry list are automatically entered to compete
- Any additional driver appearing in a Friday practice session or substituting another driver throughout a weekend is also eligible for points
- In all but the most exceptional circumstances, on track incidents are not considered for points
- The rankings page is updated in realtime, with a weekly round up post to keep track
- Suggestions are actively encouraged throughout the season
- But what I think goes
- Although there has been one official stewards enquiry that did result in a points change
- But it didn't affect the title
The F1 season is just ten days away and the excitement is building. Ten teams will pit their drivers against each other to decide who is the fastest, and then here on Sidepodcast, we'll decide who is the nicest. Let us begin!