This is F1Minute for the 22nd May 2009.
Luca di Montezemolo has spoken out following a meeting of FOTA aboard Flavio Briatore’s yacht, which most of the team principals attended. Luca says that the association are united in the fact that they will not enter the 2010 championship if the regulations remain the same. He said: “We have to discuss about the possibility to change the situation in a constructive way, but in a very clear way. Because we want Formula 1, we don’t want something different.” He didn’t rule out the teams boycotting next year though.
Meanwhile, Max Mosley let slip some details about the meeting at Heathrow last week, in the hopes that their next meeting will be better. He said: “It’s a pity that two teams did not want to discuss compromise last Friday in London. They kept trying to get the other teams to walk out. I hope that with Luca present things will be more constructive this time.”
Thankfully, we’ll be back to talking about the racing again tomorrow.
That’s it for now, please join me next time for another F1Minute.
Filed under F1Minute
Previous story Rosberg and Barrichello lead Monaco practice
Next story Jenson Button takes pole for Monaco
365 F1 stories