Welcome to F1Minute for the 5th June 2008.
Yesterday, Ferrari chief Luca di Montezemolo said he felt Max Mosley should resign. He said for “credibility’s sake” Mosley needed to step down. Today, however, Montezemolo has changed his mind, saying: “I am happy Max Mosley has been confirmed as president of the FIA. Through the years he has done an excellent job for Formula One. With regards his future, it will only be up to him to decide if and when to take a step back.” There’s no apparent reason for his change of mind.
Elsewhere, today, it was announced that the new safety car regulation proposals will be tested out during the French Grand Prix weekend. The new system involves making use of the standard ECU to monitor the speed of the cars out on track, therefore allowing the pit lane to remain open throughout a safety car period. It had been intended to be tested at Monaco, but was pushed back to allow the teams more time to get used to the software. It will now be tested during Friday practice to see if it should be implemented.
That’s all for today, please join me again tomorrow for another F1Minute.
Filed under F1Minute
Previous story FIA announce bridge wing clarifications
Next story Massa and Hamilton lead the way in Canada free practice
365 F1 stories